Any individual who is suffering from a dental defect will get benefit from restorative dental services. Everyone wants to have healthy dental. Even by following healthy oral habits, sometimes you may suffer from dental defects. The procedures involved in the dental restorative vary according to the patient’s dental requirements.
As the restorative dentistry involves different procedures, hence the dentist at first examines the patient’s carefully to know their present dental condition and what problems they are facing. Based on the observation, a treatment procedure is determined. Patient’s does not need to fear from these procedures as the dentist pays enough attention and care while treating the patient.
Types of Restorative Procedures:
Latest advancement in dental treatments has brought several restorative procedures like implants, bridges, crowns, dentures, fillings and root canal treatment.
- Implants: Dental Implants are a replacement of your missing tooth root. When someone looses their tooth due to an injury, disease or decay, then dental implants help in gaining back their missing tooth. The replacement tooth looks like your natural teeth and improves the oral appearance.
- Bridges: It is basically a dental appliance that is placed in the position of the missing tooth. They are basically fixed bridges that cannot be removed from the mouth. It is important to get the replacement done as any space left will cause the surrounding teeth get drifted out of its original position.
This procedure improves your dental condition and gives freedom to smile again, having your favourite dish and ability of speech.
- Crowns: The crowns are used to cover the tooth having the large filling. This reshapes the tooth and improves its appearance.
- Dentures: This is a replacement of the tooth that can be easily removed when required. Denture can be of two types, complete denture that replaces all teeth and partial denture that replaces few teeth.
- Fillings: When the decayed portion of the tooth is removed, then the hole is filled by the white cement. This is done to repair the broken and cracked teeth. This type of filling performed depends on the dental requirements of the patients.
- Root Canal Treatment: When the pulp inside the tooth is infected, then it is removed and filled to give support to the tooth. The pulp gets infected or inflamed and needs to be removed to prevent other tooth decay. During this procedure, the infected pulp is removed; the area is cleaned and filled with the cement material.
The main benefits of having this treatment are that it relieves you from severe pain. Moreover, improve dental health. Patient’s needs to avoid chewing hard food with the treated tooth. They may experience sensitivity for a few days that will be cured as the treatment gets old. Always brush and floss twice regularly to maintain oral hygiene.
Restorative dental procedures help the individuals to recover from dental defects. All different types of dental conditions are treated by the Dentist Brunswick.