As we eat hard things like peanuts and perhaps also crackle pork, we might think that our mouth has a stable structure. But, in actual our gums and the skin that covers them are very delicate and deserve looking after as much as our teeth.
The best dentist in Melbourne says that we must take care of our gums and teeth like another part of our body.
The job of the porous pink structure that is our gums is like-
- They support our teeth from where the protrude into our mouth.
- They also seal out teeth off so that food debris cannot penetrate and infection cannot develop under our gums.
If the gums bleed, then it could be the sign of many problems. Also, if we do not attend to it quickly, we are at risk of some costly dental procedures. Too late in its care may eventually lose the teeth and have to think of an implant which is again a costly affair.
The most common biological reason for bleeding gums is bacterial, fungal, and viral infection that with the time develops in our gums. Conditions like this produce acid and other toxins that cause inflammations. It is the reason our gums start bleeding and shrinks away. It also reduces the support of our teeth. When we are young, incorrect way of brushing also causes our gums to bleed. However, if the bleeding is in the older age, the bleeding is more likely to indicate an underlying problem.
Other causes of bleeding gums are:
- Jabbing of our gums with toothbrush
- Cutting while flossing
- Biting down hard object
- Using aggressive chemicals like tooth whitener, mouth freshener, and oral medicines
- Poor oral hygiene that results in tartar and dental plaque
- Mouth sores
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy
- Burning of mouth with hot food
Frequent gum bleeding seeks a medical advice at the best dentist in Melbourne. The cause behind the symptoms should be determined and treated before putting the teeth at risk.
To prevent bleeding gums:
- Brushing and flossing should be gentle and soft bristle toothbrush should be used.
- Rinse your mouth after eating.
- Junk foods like chips and drinks must be avoided.
- Avoid chewing gums, betel or lean dried meat.
- Quit smoking.
- Brush your teeth twice thoroughly and also, floss.
- Gargle and rinse with tepid, moderate salt water before going to bed.
Bleeding gums are the sign that states that the mouth needs attention. It is usually easy to prevent the problem by just brushing and flossing regularly and gently.
Also, Holistic Dental the best dentist in Melbourne can give you advice for better health and care.