Are dentist really required, if you have a perfect smile and your gums are not bleeding? Many individuals do not pay regular visits to the dentist. Whether it’s due to fear, lack of money or because they think their teeth don’t have any problems. Whatever the reason, visiting the dentist in Donvale twice a year will do you and your smile a world of good.
If it’s been years since you’ve sat in the dentist’s chair, this list of the reasons might just give you the motivation you need to schedule that appointment!!
- Dental health impacts overall health: There is a strong link between good oral health and a person’s overall well being. The condition of your teeth and gums can impact just about every system in your body, including circulatory, digestive, reproductive and respiratory systems. Maintaining good oral health can help reduce your risk of serious health problems. I bet you didn’t know this, did you?
- You suffer from serious Halitosis (Bad breath): As unpleasant and common as it may be, sometimes bad breath is a sign of a more serious condition. Bad breath can be caused by leftover food particles, dry mouth and tobacco products. However, a liver or kidney ailment, diabetes, chronic bronchitis or sinusitis could be to blame. If you’re concerned, be sure to see your dentist in Donvale as soon as possible. That is another thing you probably didn’t know!!
- To correct the wear and tear: Proper daily brushing and flossing is important throughout your life. However, older and adults are more subjected to certain conditions, such as plaque buildup and gum disease. In addition, tooth decay and decay of the tooth root, especially if you have old fillings, can be common among older adults.
- Your gums are bleeding: If you notice blood when you brush, it’s a good idea to visit your dentist. While improper brushing and flossing may be to blame, bleeding gums can be a sign of gum disease or a more serious medical condition. Bleeding gums are usually due to inadequate plaque removal.
- To prevent tooth loss: The best and most inexpensive way to prevent tooth loss starts at home with excellent brushing and flossing habits every day. Routine quality dental care twice a year is the next step. Preventive dental care that includes professional cleanings, exams and fluoride treatments are very important in preventing tooth loss. Yearly visits can also help your dentist identify any dental issues early on to help prevent further and more serious damage.
Visiting your dentist regularly would help you in preventing problems and getting advice on how to avoid the upcoming dental issues. In some of the cases following simple instructions can save you lot of time, efforts and money without undergoing pain. Instructions can be as simple as brushing twice a day which can help in keeping your dental health up to the mark.
Get your dental health up to scratch by making an appointment with the Donvale dentist at Holistic Dental. Keep your body healthy by keeping your teeth healthy!!