The third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey suggest that 59% children in the United States suffer from malocclusion. However it is not only children but adults who are also opting for orthodontic treatment. The American Association of Orthodontists sites that one out of five orthodontic patients is more than 21 years old. With only 30% of the population having perfectly aligned teeth it is no wonder then that more and more adults and children are also opting for orthodontic treatment. Dental treatment is being undertaken to get and attractive smile and restores functional harmony to the teeth.
What are invisible aligners?
Invisalign Melbourne is a series of transparent, removable aligners that fits easily to your teeth to provide a irritation-free treatment with nominal adjustment and discomfort.
What are the advantages?
If you compare the treatment that is given with invisible aligners compared to conventional braces that are made of metal the advantages are numerous. Some of the advantages of invisible aligner treatment are:
- Are easy to wear and can be removed by the patient.
- As they can be removed it is easy to keep the mouth clean.
- Made of clear plastic material. The clear material is hardly visible making them an aesthetic treatment option when compared to conventional braces which look extremely unsightly. Considering the time period for which orthodontic treatment continues (2-3yrs) this can have considerable impact on anyone’s social life.
- No need to avoid any food groups such as nuts or apples as is the case with braces.
- No complaint of pain and soreness, which is the most common complaint with conventional braces.
- Can be used to treat many malocclusion.
For adults the way they look is especially important and while they might want to get orthodontic treatment what holds a lot of them back is the fear of having a mouth full of unsightly braces. Invisalign in Melbourne with the advantage of being made of clear material that is hardly visible and also the ability to be removed if required offers a great option to those adults who wish to undertake orthodontic treatment.