What are porcelain veneers?
It also known as dental veneers are slim in size with tooth colored transparent porcelain resin shells. They are specially made and fixed carefully to the front surface of a tooth. These are stronger and can last for 15 years and more. It is our preferred option of treating your tooth.
Porcelain veneers helps you in adding more color and shape for your teeth. They also help you in improving your dental health and provide you with a new look to your teeth.
How porcelain veneers are fixed?
The treatment is unlike wearing braces and takes 2 weeks to get natural looking teeth, and you will sport a new smile. At our dental clinic, we are providing this treatment to our patients. You are required to visit us for two times of two hours each. On meeting the dentist, he will suggest that dental veneers are the correct answer for your teeth.
After the examination of your teeth, below mentioned things will happen in order;
- First, we will discuss with you the color and the right size. This is vital as it has to match the other teeth. Our dentists remove about 0.7 mm of enamel from the front portion of your tooth. This is done to fix the veneers. To make the treatment a successful one, you will be given anesthetic injection.
- Secondly, we make a model of your teeth. The dental ceramicist makes a replica of the model.
- During your next visit, our dental surgeons check the color and the size of the veneers. We will clean your teeth with a special solution and fix the porcelain veneers with a special bond.
- Next we remove surplus bond and polish the veneers. Now you have a new smile.
- You should take care of the porcelain veneers and must cover the area while doing any work or in play.
We at porcelain veneers Melbourne are here to service you. We value every customer and treat them with care like a mother.